Monday, June 29, 2009

Summer Food

I've had a busy two weeks helping my daughter during the birth of her first child:




But now I'm home, and life returns to normal, including going back to losing weight. In that regard, I found the greatest recipe in the newspaper.
Peachy Tacos with Peach, Jicama, and Tomato Salsa
Oh yeah, these were good. Half a pound each of ground beef and ground pork, cooked with half a peach, a little jalapeno, red onion, jicama, and paprika. Served on a soft corn tortilla, each taco is only 180 calories. I thought the meat needed more flavor - next time, I'll add garlic and use more jalapeno, and maybe some oregano.
But the salsa... wow, what flavor.
Two peaches chopped up with 1/2 cup jicama, half a jalapeno, a little red onion, garlic, and paprika. Oh and the corn from one ear, and one small tomato. A little salt. So, so good.
45 calories for 1/4 cup. With the taco and a little lettuce, this was a complete meal.

No comments: