Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Food? What Food?

After weeks of holiday eating (and drinking),vacations, and an upcoming writing deadline, food has become a side thought around here. I know - I'm having a hard time dealing with that, myself. But I literally have not had the time or desire to think about food.

We're still eating, of course. You know all those extra meals I prepare and freeze? They sure have come in handy.

My meal planning has dropped down to figuring out what to take out of the freezer. Because of dental work, one of us is relegated to soft food for the week, so I'm pulling out things like soups (potato, turkey), rice and broth, baked butternut squash, etc.

I still have a full freezer, but I've managed to use up all my homemade broth - it's time to make more! Today, I pick up our CSA box for the first time in three weeks. I know I'll have to do something about all those veggies. So even in down times, the cooking doesn't go away completely.

Amazing Fact: I did not gain any weight this holiday season. Didn't lose any, mind you. But I didn't gain any either, and I'm happy about that! Last year, from November 07 to - say May 07 , I gained about 15 pounds. I still have to lose that. So I'm relieved to know I didn't add to the problem this year.

No comments: