Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Cooking Club

My latest venture is a local cooking club I started through Meetup.com. We had our first "meeting" today:














That's Suzi and Evelyn preparing the Margarita Chicken Thighs.

Hi Ladies! You were awesome!

We had a disappointing turnout. It wasn't disappointing to us, mind you - we had a great time! But out of seven people signed up, only three of us were here. And it was my house - so I don't really count.














Evelyn makes sure I whip up the Lemon Vinaigrette the right way.

I love the idea of cooking with others. Not every day, but often enough for meal preparation to be a social event. This was a good start. We have about twenty people signed up for the club, and I hope the turnouts will improve as time goes by.

I should start planning the next one.

No comments: