Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Falling Behind and Ketchup

Our schedule's been off the last couple of weeks. I find myself overwhelmed with uncooked veggies and another box comes today!

Time to get busy.

So at this moment, I have the following roasting in my oven:

Beets
Fennel
Leeks
Celery root

Simmering on the stove are carrots, which I'll probably turn into soup, seeing as how I love carrot soup. But that calls for broth, so also simmering on the stove is BIG pot of leek stems, fennel fronds, beet greens, chard, and cabbage leaves. Odd for broth, I suppose, but it's what I had.

The other day, I made pesto with a bunch of parsely, and tossed it with steamed cauliflower. That was good. I have a little pesto left and I think it will be very nice mixed in with last weeks' leftover sauteed greens.

Now all I have to do is eat everything!

No comments: