Monday, November 12, 2007

Leftovers

Remember that I said I'd use the skirt steak for spaghetti sauce? It's still in the freezer and frankly, I'm beefed out. I'll leave it there and do something else with it when I'm in the mood.

Not that I didn't have spaghetti. There was enough cross-rib roast that we ate less than half of it on Saturday night, but I cooked it all. The leftovers were cut up and used as the base for the spaghetti sauce, which I made yesterday. So we'll get at least five meals from that one roast.

I tried to be good, too. I'm really struggling with my weight right now, enough that my husband has actually offered to help. That's extreme, folks. Not because he doesn't help with things, but because he would normally never suggest I was less than perfect. I'm serious!

So we had the original roast sliced over salad and our pasta was spaghetti squash. It's really good served as a pasta with sauce and it's nice to eat as much as I want and not feel stuffed.

I get more meat from the CSA next Monday. For now, I have enough prepared meals in the freezer to get us through the week, so I don't need to buy more meat. I like to have 2 or 3 vegetarian meals every week anyway, so we're not eating meat all the time.

No comments: