Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Prep Day

The turkey is brining, the cornbread is drying, the sweet potato casserole is cooling. The giblet stock is in the frig, as is the homemade cranberry sauce, and the prepped ingredients for the stuffing. The housekeepers are coming but after that I'll probably work on the veggies for tomorrow.

What to do for dinner? I've been quite persistent at using up leftovers this week, so I have room in the frig and freezer. We still have some spaghetti sauce, but I don't want to use pasta. I also don't want to cook the spaghetti squash, yet.

I think I'll make a soup out of the sauce. Add some water (or maybe wine), throw in some cannellini beans and toast some bread with olive oil, salt and pepper. I've got a rind from the parmesan cheese that will go good in that, too. The sauce already has spinach in it, but I'll see what's in the freezer, in the veggie department. The more, the merrier!

Sounds good, no?

4 comments:

nicole said...

Yes, it definitely sounds good! I love a good tomato-y bean soup. Have a great holiday!

Don Mills Diva said...

Sounds great to me! What time should I be there?

Bevson said...

Yum. Totally. I keep my parm rinds in the freezer and often pop them in soups. I never thought of turning sauce into soup though. What a great idea!!!

Marlene Dotterer said...

It was really good! All gone, now. Sorry!