Monday, November 26, 2007

Raw Milk

If you live in California, you will shortly not have the right to buy raw milk.
AB 1735 takes effect on January 1st, having passed the legislature with no debate and no warning to dairy farmers or consumers.

This is not how our ruling bodies are supposed to work.

Read the letter from Ron Garthwaite and Collette Cassidy of Claravale Farms and then write to your legislators. More information can be found at www.Organicpastures.com

I use raw milk for my yogurt. It makes the best yogurt I've had this side of Ireland and I don't want to give it up. Raw milk is safe and much healthier than the pasteurized junk put out my the Food Industry.

Sure, it needs to be produced by a properly clean dairy. Isn't that true for all our milk?

Oh, right. The pasteurized stuff can come from cows standing in their own muck, because it gets pasteurized. Silly me.

I truly do have a hard time holding down the sarcasm and cynicism when it comes to rulings like this. Help us out and write a letter or send an email.

Dairy farmers are fighting back.

2 comments:

Bevson said...

I grew up drinking raw milk from the cow. It had a delicious flavor that cartoned milk just does not have. I don't think we have raw milk here in NJ either. I have moved to goat milk for drinking, coffee and cereal or anywhere I taste the milk.

Marlene Dotterer said...

You know the really sad thing? We don't even know we're missing it. I never knew - until the last couple of years, how good real milk could taste. I will never understand why people started using processed food, to begin with. These were people who grew up eating real food, yet they still fell for the industry line.

It was considered "scientific" and "advanced." So women started bottle feeding their babies and buying canned food from the grocery store.

Astonishing.