Friday, February 8, 2008

Family dinners

My grandsons are spending the weekend with us, which means I get to cook for 4 people instead of 2. That's actually easier to do.

I've got a roast thawing out and some BLUE potatoes from the CSA box, along with celery and white beets. I think all those items will be wonderful roasted together. The beet greens will add more color and nutrients to the meal; I'll give them a quick steam.

I've been busy and this is actually the only meal I've got planned out for the weekend. But I'm not worried because when I cook (for just the two of us) I usually make extra (because it really is easier to cook for four - or six). Those extras are even now in my freezer. It's just a matter of deciding what to thaw and heat. I have plenty of veggies still, and LOTS of salad. I think one meal may be a main dish salad of some kind, maybe with tuna fish and cheese on top.

I'm thinking of making a loaf of bread, but first I simply have to get my baking mix made: that delicious mix of various flours that we use for everything. Then I'm going to spend some time in the sun. I've been outside a bit already, and it's a wonderful day!

No comments: