Tuesday, February 19, 2008

More leftovers

I've just returned from a restful and exhausting vacation (those are the best kind!) and I'm back to figuring out What's for Dinner. I have so many frozen homemade meals in my freezer, the hardest part is just making the decision.

It's time for fish, so I took out the scallops/mushrooms-in-a-cream-sauce dish and I'm letting it thaw. I have some broccoli rabe from the CSA and that will go quite nicely. Easy to do.

I baked the leeks last night, sprinkled with breadcrumbs, olive oil, and salt and pepper. I also sauteed some leftover broccoli with a bit of tomato, basil, and rosemary. These were served next to a grilled NY steak from a local rancher who lets his cows feed in the pasture. Quite a yummy meal.

Remember that cabbage I needed to use? It was terrific mixed with last week's chard, a can of tomatoes, sliced onions, garlic, oregano and the leftover cooked ground beef that was in the freezer. It made so much, we'll get two more meals out of it. What an easy dish to make, too!

Tomorrow is another CSA pick-up day and none too soon. I've managed to use everything up, except for the butternut squash. Those fresh veggies have been wonderful.

No comments: