Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Fish

Since we're always looking for ways to improve our health, my husband and I have taken to eating more fish. I try to buy from the Monterey Bay Aquarium's Seafood Watch list, which tells me what fish are in season and are environmentally safe. That's the easy part.

Preparing fish takes more thought. But there are so many options: baking, broiling, grilling, frying, poaching... How about a fish soup? Or paella? It's not so much figuring out what to do, as it is choosing what to do!

But the other night, I outdid myself. It was the kind of meal that makes me want to lick my fingers, and no - I'm not going to tell you if I did that, or not.

We had some mahi-mahi fillets and I dipped them in breadcrumbs and coconut, then pan-fried it in a little oil. I made a yummy sweet-and-sour sauce to pour over the fillets, cooked up a batch of spinach and served it all with a salad.

Mmmm. Coconut. And sweet-and-sour. What a treat it all was.

I picked the sweet-and-sour sauce from About.com and it can be found here.

No comments: