Friday, March 14, 2008

Running behind

People are finding "Meals by Marlene" and I'm quite happy about that! Welcome to all my new clients and almost-clients! I hope your dinners and breakfasts add happiness to your days!

This means that I'm busier than ever, and with my new writing "career" demanding that I sit down occasionally and write, darn it - well, I'm spinning in circles, right now! I hope everyone will be patient with me.

I've often wished the Earth spun a little more slowly and gave us longer days. Spring is one of the worst times for this, because while the days are getting longer, they still aren't long enough.

On a typical non-cook day, I get five minutes with the newspaper in the morning, ten minutes in the garden, 30 minutes to exercise (which I haven't done yet, today), blog entries, responding to other people's blog entries, paperwork for upcoming cook days, networking meetings, updating my website (yes, I hear you calling for attention, I hear you!), bookkeeping, working with the board of my professional businesswomen's group, and I haven't even started working on the writing side of things.

I'm having a blast. But with all the kids grown up and gone, and college finished, and no full-time job for four years - I've forgotten how to be organized. You can say I've gotten lazy, but I might raise an eyebrow at that. I think I'm disorganized. I know how to fix that and I'm working on it.

But it would sure help to have a few more hours everyday.

No comments: