Friday, September 14, 2007

Birthday Beer Bacchanals

Friday brings long lunches and the chance to catch up with old friends and former co-workers. As a personal chef, I spend a lot of time alone, so these events are important to me. I really miss my friends now that we no longer work together!

So today was the 3 B's: birthdays to celebrate with a beer bacchanal at Jupiter's. It's really easy to tell that we're older than we used to be. These affairs are much quieter than you'd think. And I didn't even think to bring a camera. But you can't beat the fun of Jupiter's patio on a sunny Berkeley day along with their home-brewed beer.

You knew I'd get around to something being done locally, didn't you? I'm sure most of the ingredients are not local, but Jupiter's does brew their own beer (along with it's sister pub, Triple Rock, down the street). Sorry. This isn't a review of these places, but go ahead and check them out. My devotion to them is based on years of memories and friends, as well as the good beer.

No comments: