Monday, September 10, 2007

Opening Post

I'm doing my duty and separating my blogs. THIS BLOG is about food.

Why food?

Wellllll.......... because I'm a foodie. Because I'm a personal chef. Because I can't deny the fascination implied in evolving on a planet along with food sources and then watching what happens when we try to pretend it didn't happen that way.

Because food tastes good. (Okay, maybe that's the biggie).

Because I want to know what you think about food and food policy and what you eat and how hard and how easy that is for you.

I want to know what you feed your kids. What you'd like to feed your kids.

I want to ramble and laugh and tease about food. I want to talk about my business and maybe talk about my clients (but I promise to be nice - and discrete). Because I want to stretch my wings and try new things and find out how you're making food work for you.

I want to hear from you. Opinions. Facts. Trials. Heartbreaks. Weight gains. Weight losses. Pregnancies. Breast Feeding. Nutrition. Fast food. Slow food. Safeway, Alberstons, Molly Stone or Whole Foods. Costco. Walmart. What works for you. What doesn't.

I'll preach. I'll flail. I'll probably make fun at some point.

I'm impatient. I'm compassionate. I may use rough language and I may express strong opinions you don't agree with. Jump in, although I reserve the right to restrict rude and useless posts. No flaming allowed, but feel free to let me know what you think.

This blog is about food. Food - is about life. Join in. Let's talk

If you're in the Bay Area, see my website at http://www.mealsbymarlene.com/. Maybe I can cook for you.

If you want to know about writing, see my writing blog at http://mardott.livejournal.com/

I've written one newly completed novel, currently titled "Dunallon" and have one in progress called "Galaxy Farmers." No cookbooks, although it's possible that Galaxy Farmers will include recipes and tips about gardening, canning (or otherwise preserving), and the many magic ways food interacts with our lives. It 's about Real Food produced by Real Planets. Hey - we have one of those!

See? This should be fun!

No comments: