Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Blessed Samhain!

I won't quote Shakespeare. I think witches are cool.

In fact, I'm dressed as one as I write. Well - I'm a cat-witch. And I can't find my pointy hat. I can't find pumpkin liqueur, either, which is a real shame, 'cause have you ever had Pumpkin Martinis?

One part liqueur, one part rum, one part half and half. Shake with ice and pour into a martini glass rimmed with cinnamon-sugar. Top with nutmeg.

Oh my.

I'm going to be good and not make myself any pumpkin cupcakes but I am fixing a delicious pork loin with Cider-Sherry sauce. This sauce is one step this side of heaven and it's a Weight Watchers recipe.

1/3 cup dry sherry
1 cup apple cider
1/4 cup raisins
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp unsalted butter

Combine all except the butter and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Boil 11-12 minutes, until reduce to 1/2 cup. Remove from heat and swirl in the butter. Serve warm with ham steaks or pork loin.

Have fun!

No comments: