Friday, October 26, 2007

They're Taking my Raw Milk!

This is too important to let get by:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2007/10/26/MNM2SVJDN.DTL

The California legislature has passed a law, with no public debate, that will pretty much put raw milk ranchers out of business. I want my milk raw, folks. Unpasteurized. From a clean farm withequipment and clean cows who've been out on pasteur all their lives, and with all the bacteria it's supposed to have.

Yes, I will buy it illegally if I have to, assuming I can find someone who's selling it illegally. But I shouldn't have to. This is ridiculous.

For the record, I don't use raw milk when I cook for clients. I don't even give it to my husband. The use of raw milk is an individual decision and the government has no right to take it away.

No comments: