Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Successful Meals

Don’t you love it when you prepare a meal and everyone goes, “YES!”?

That happened to me on Saturday when my grandson’s were staying over. While my husband entertained them by slaughtering them at Monopoly, I prepared some Chicken Parmigiano over spaghetti squash, with sautéed kale.

It’s hard to go wrong when you dip chicken pieces in flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs/parmesan cheese, then brown them olive oil. That meal is going to be GOOD. Smother them with homemade marinara and mozzarella cheese, and bake it for 20 minutes, and that meal is going to be GREAT.

I thought the spaghetti squash would be a fun alternative to pasta and fewer calories, too. The kids loved it. And you may think 11 and 12 year old boys wouldn’t eat kale, but they did. I never showed any sympathy when my kids tried to hate vegetables and they’ll eat just about any of them, today. I’m glad my daughter’s doing the same thing with her kids.

All I did with the kale was chop it up and sautee it in a little olive oil with salt and pepper. I had half a lime sitting around so I squeezed that into it. Flavorful and healthy!

No comments: