Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Dinner Plans

I have some masa, so I think I'll make sopes and serve them with some of the leftover meat from the other day. I wish it were dinner time, now.

I'm going out of town for a couple of days, so I need to have meals ready for my husband. That should be easy - we have lots of leftovers. Sometimes, he ends up just having an apple or something, but that's his choice. I always try to leave him a good meal.

Today is a CSA day, so I have to remember to pick up my box. I am behind once again. I need to use up the peas from last week.

I need to make granola, too. I've got enough for one more breakfast, which will be tomorrow. Should also check on the waffle situation. I haven't been eating them, so I don't know how many are left.

I do have plenty of yogurt. I'm not always able to find raw milk, so when it's there, I buy half a gallon and make a double batch. For a while, I tried to "be good" and make yougurt using nonfat milk. Ech. I mean it's okay, but nowhere near the creamy, yummy goodness of the real thing. I find I'm much more satisfied after eating half a cup of my Real Yogurt, than I am eating an entire cup of the nonfat stuff. I need that fat charge in the morning and there's no use pretending I can do without it. I just end up eating more food to make up for it and still don't lose weight. Might even gain some!

No comments: