Monday, June 2, 2008

I've Been Challenged!

My daughter, Mary, has issued a challenge in response to my entry in April on "Feeding Our Families": she's going to try and start a food co-op in San Diego if I work on one in Pleasant Hill.

If anyone can do it, Mary can. I hope I can, too!

Mary already has a step in the door, since she and her husband have a weekly "shared meal" with their friends. This is what's missing in American life - friends and family getting together to share the planning, preparation, eating, and cleaning up, of a meal! Not just the women, either! The guys do just as much as the women!

Me? Nada. I'd have to start at the beginning, like advertising for people who'd like to share. That seems a little iffy. I need the co-op part of the co-op! I'm keeping my eyes and ears open. This is an idea whose time has come and I suspect the people are out there, waiting.

No comments: