Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Successful experiment

My experiment in the crockpot went pretty well, yesterday. I had a package of meat in the freezer labeled "soup bones" and I had thawed it out to use in making the meat sauce for the lasagna. But upon unwrapping it, I discovered it was one bone with LOTS of meat around it. The kind that would need a few hours to cook, and I didn't have that much time.

So I saved it for the crockpot. Before leaving yesterday, I sliced up some onions, carrots, and cabbage, and added them to the pot, along with some green chilies, jalapenos, the meat, white vinegar, beef broth, some cumin, and salt and pepper.

Oh yeah. This was good. I served it simply, with some corn chips and a nice salad. It would be good on sopas or in tacos, too. There's plenty left; I'm sure I'll do something like that.

Today will just be leftovers, I think. I've got some lamb curry that needs to be used up. I'm getting hungry now - need some lunch!

No comments: